Why GSTR-2A Reconciliation is necessary?
By SAURABH PATIL
We suggest you to take following actions:
- Verify the correctness of the figure sent to you by the supplier.
- In case of any discrepancy in figures notified to you, please reach out to supplier for correcting the same.
- In case of discrepancy write to supplier that you shall ask suppliers to comply.
- In case of any discrepancy in ITC availed, ask the Suppliers to immediately file GSTR 1 by including the details of invoices raised on you.
“Class aptent taciti sociosqu ad litora per conubia nostra, per inceptos himenaeos .Aenean non turpis vitae ligula tristique sagitt isras varius erat pulvinar eros pretium”
- You may design the below SOP to avoid any interest/ penalty for such mismatches :
- Periodically reconcile your Purchase Register with GSTR 2A i.e. monthly/quarterly.
- Identify the differences and take below action:
- Avail any credit of invoices not appearing in PR but filed by Supplier.
- Notify Supplier for missing invoices in 2A
- Take action on mismatches of tax amount, tax type or invoice no. /date.
- Also reconcile all Credit/Debit Notes issued by Supplier with those appearing in books.
Please go to Download section click on GSTR – 2A format fill the same and send us.